Saturday, November 8, 2008
Smile
A couple of days ago I melted when I walked into Rebekah's room to wake her up and when she saw me her face lit up in a huge smile. Since then, she has been smiling a ton for Nelson and I. It brings me such joy to see her smile and to see the twinkle in her eyes. When she smiles, it is like time stops and I just stare at her in awe. Of course, in the past couple of days I have been trying to capture her smile on camera. These are a few of my favorites so far.







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
She has so much personality! It almost looks like she is teasing Daddy in the last few. What a treasure.
These past months I've really realized how precious it is for these little ones to see us and recognize the ones they love. I'm so happy for you!!
Everything is picture worthy with children, aren't you glad they came out with digital cameras? Rebekah knows and adores her mommy and daddy already, makes me smile thinking about it!
Stop me if I've told you this before, BUT...I heard that there was a study done on the brains of new mothers--stick with me here--and when their babies smiled, the moms' brain activity reacted similarly to how they would react BEING HIGH. I think that's why we act so crazy just to get them to smile again. I know I would do a lot of zany tactics to keep that beautiful grin on Bekah's sweet face. What a sweet reward for weeks of constant changing, feeding, and bouncing. :) Love you! LE
Oh--saw your mom and dad at church with Joelle and Jim. They are carrying a hug from us--to be delivered when they arrive at Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment