Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Will Not Give Up!

Rebekah has developed this hilarious approach to tummy time. When I put her on her stomach, she spreads her arms out like superman, puts her head down, kicks her legs like she is swimming, and pushes backwards with all her might. Because of this, she seems to have forgotten how to roll over. After a while, she gets exhausted and a bit fussy, but when I try to roll her over to her back she screams at me in frustration as if she is saying "Mom, what are you doing? You are ruining my progress!!!" So, I usually then put her back on her belly, and the screaming subsides. Today she kept at it for over an hour. She exhausted herself so much that she began to fall asleep on her belly. Even as she was falling asleep, she would not give up but kept kicking her legs. It was like she was doing it in her sleep. I did not dare try to pick her up because I knew I would be screamed at. Maybe our baby doesn't roll over, but she sure is determined. :) I captured video of her at the beginning of her tummy time and then when she began to slow down. Even as I write this blog, she is still at it and doing it even though she appears to almost be asleep.
The beginning...

Starting to get tired...

1 comment:

Craig and Bethany said...

That is sooo FUNNY! Lucy used to do almost that same thing and then end ups SOUND asleep in the middle of the floor! Bekah is SUCH a CUTE little baby. :)