Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunset Picnic

Last night, Nelson and I had a sunset picnic. We live a couple of miles from the base of the Sandia Mountains (the main mountain range in Albuquerque). So we drove five minutes up the mountain for a great view of the city. I have grown to really appreciate the mountains here and am so grateful that we live so close to them. I am constantly amazed by the views and the sunsets - you can see so far!
Nelson pointing out the beautiful view.
Sitting and enjoying the scenery.
25 weeks pregnant. The belly is slowly starting to grow.
View of the city.
The mountains are behind us. You can kind of see one of our favorite restaurants, Sandiago's, in the background. It has great Mexican food and the best view in the city.
The tram that takes you to the top of the mountain.
The sunset.
Another view of the city.
When the sun begins to set, the mountains turn a reddish color. That is why the mountains are called the Sandia Mountains. Sandia means "watermelon."

2 comments:

Jim said...

Two thing....

1) I think ABQ is pretty darn cool looking...I'm jealous of that picnic.

2) If you haven't seen Juno yet you should...mainly just for the scene where they are painting the baby's room, it perfectly fits you guys. Much love and respect to you both...I voted Sage green.

Heather Estridge said...

What a fun evening! K, you are really showing now - only 100 days to go!!! You look fabulous :)