Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Karina's Graduation

Nelson and I with my parents after the ceremony. Man was it hot! I thought that I was going to boil in that gown. As if being pregnant doesn't make me hot enough.
What a great feeling to finally be graduated! Nelson flew in from San Diego, CA on Friday night so he could attend the graduation. He had a great week with the high schoolers from our church in Tijuana building 3 houses. He was having so much fun that he forgot to take pictures, so unfortunately, we have no Tijuana pictures to share. He said that trip was amazing. My parents also flew in for my graduation. The icing on the cake was finding out on Saturday after the graduation that I passed my national board exam. Yipee!!!

On Sunday, we had an Open House BBQ/Graduation Party at our house. Ever since we moved into our new house a year ago, we have been wanting to have an Open House, so we figured better late than never. The backyard was swarming with all of our friends' kids, and I got to meet some of Nelson's friends from work too. We could not have done it without my parents' help. Dad is great at flipping burgers and mom is great at planning, decorating and keeping food stocked. We wish that we have taken pictures at the party, but we totally forgot. Oops!

Nelson and I after graduation

Nelson and I in front of the auditorium. You can kind of see the baby bump.

Nelson hooding me during the ceremony. Each graduate got to pick someone to hood them. I was so glad that Nelson could make it back from Tijuana to be there.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Big Congrats! OH, and I totally see that beautiful baby bump! Yay! :) Oh, and I hear you about being warm while pregnant!! Ice cream sandwiches were my best friend last August. :)

Heather Estridge said...

You look fabulous! Congrats on your big accomplishments!

Unknown said...

Such a cute baby bump! I don't know how you'll survive the NM heat this summer! I had one weekend in the 90's and thought I'd melt to the ground! Hope your friends have pool parties! :)

Nana said...

CONGRATS KARINA!
Good for you Karina!
Congrats on EVERYTHING!
Marriage,
House,
Degree,
Baby Bump (so cute you are)!!
Wishing you and family the best!

Becky's Mom Liz
Hazel"s Nana :)

Nelson and Karina Bell said...

Thanks for all of the congrats everyone! And in regards to the heat and being pregnant, I thank God for ice water, tank tops, ceiling fans, ice cream, popsicles, buildings that are air conditioned (our house just has a swamp cooler), flip flops, and cold showers. :)

Marc and Susannah said...

Ok lets get some testosterone on this board enough with all these Hits House girl comments. Nelson nice work on the yard picture perfect, tree spacing is perfect, retaining walls intact, and grass at just the right angels. I would expect nothing less from an engineer. Just wait until you get to mow it and water it ohh what fun. I do question your sample sizes to determine if it was a girl see post #3 I believe, also I would like to know what the mood variation is of Mrs.Karnia during this time, please provide a larger sample for this as well. Congrats on everything.

Marc and Susannah