Sunday, June 15, 2008

Baby's Room

Currently, Baby's room is a bright almost blinding yellow (the picture below does not do it justice). When we moved into our house one year ago, this room was pink. I decided to paint it a good neutral baby color so when we eventually had kids, I would not have to paint it again. Well, I chose my color wrong and ended up with blinding yellow. You can see the reflection of the paint in the hallway when the sun is bright. Now, it is time for us to think about repainting it for the arrival of baby and I am leaning toward a light, comforting yellow. Any color tips?
The current yellow baby room.
Another painting story: When we first moved into the house, I could not decide what color to paint the TV room. So I got tons of paint samples from Home Depot and covered the wall with paint swatches. No matter how many colors I tried, I could not make a decision. So one weekend when I was away visiting my family, Nelson decided to make the decision for us (I don't blame him; I was driving him crazy with my indecision). While I was gone, he painted the room two different shades of blue. When I got home from my trip, I walked into the room and was quite shocked by all of his work. I love the colors he chose. I am so glad that he just made a decision because if it was up to me, I probably would still be trying to decide on a color. :) I think that I was a bit paint shy after my shocking yellow paint experience and was afraid to trust my judgement.


2 comments:

Becky said...

You should see the color of our kitchen! You think your yellow is bright...I chose a VERY bright pale green. I have yet to ADMIT to Beau (nearly 3 years later), that I didn't choose the BEST color. :)

Nelson did a good job with the blues!

Heather Estridge said...

Love the openness of your kitchen/family room as well as the soothing blue! Well done. Can't wait to see the progress of baby Bell's room!