Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Our Little Firecracker

Rebekah is definately our little firecracker. She is so expressive, joyful, and lights up a room. Her laughter and her smiles are contagious. Right now I am working through Beth Moore's study called "Loving Well." It is a study of 1 John 4 and focuses on loving others. One of the main premises is that we have to accept and believe God's love for us before we can truly love others. As I have been reflecting on God's love for me, I keep thinking of my love for Rebekah. It is so hard for me to grasp how much the Lord loves me and that there is nothing that I could do to make Him stop loving me. But when I think of how much I love Rebekah, it helps me begin to grasp just how much God loves me. There are times that I just sit and watch Rebekah with such pleasure and with a huge smile on my face. I am so thankful that I know a God who loves me even more than I love Rebekah (which is hard for me to imagine because I love her so much)!!!
This past weekend when we were in Sedona, Auntie Joelle gave Bekah a little firecracker shirt. Even though it was way too small, I had to put it on her. It gave both Bekah and I a good laugh. We have been joking with Auntie Jo that she gave Bekah her first crop top.


When Bekah was just 4 weeks old, we bought this Leap Frop table at a church garage sale. Just yesterday, she began to lean on it and play with it. What a great new toy!




2 comments:

Jim said...

I am so proud to say that my wife is the one giving your daughter her first crop top....perfect. We had such a blast hanging out with you guys last weekend. I look forward to hopefully traveling more with the Bell fam in the future.

Heather Estridge said...

It is hard to imagine how much God loves us but being a mother may be the closest we get to understanding. Thanks for the illustration and sharing!

The music table from Leap Frog is great. We have it too and Katie at 2 1/2 still enjoys it! Good find :)