Sunday, June 7, 2009

Easy Spinach Lasagna

After I had Rebekah, my friend, Beth, made us a fabulous lasagna. When I asked her for the recipe, she said that it was the easiest lasagna to make. She was correct. It is both delicious and simple! I love recipes like that. So here is the recipe for those of you who want to try it. Bon Appetit!

Spinach Lasagna

1 egg
10 oz. thawed squeezed chopped spinach
15 oz. ricotta cheese
32 oz. spaghetti sauce
¾ lb. mozzarella cheese (grated)
½ lb. lasagna noodles (I like to get the “no boil” lasagna noodles so I do not have to boil the noodles before making the lasagna. Saves a lot of time and dish cleaning. If you use regular lasagna noodles, you have to boil them first.)

Combine egg, spinach, and ricotta cheese in a bowl.
Layer in a 13x9 inch baking dish as follows:
1. ½ sauce
2. lasagna noodles
3. ½ spinach mixture
4. ½ mozzarella cheese
Repeat layers and cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (take foil off a few minutes before done)

* I like to brown ground turkey or beef and add it to the spaghetti sauce. Makes it a bit heartier and adds protein.




No comments: