Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bell Family Reunion in Charlotte, NC

Last weekend, we flew to Charlotte, North Carolina for a Bell Family Reunion. On Friday, we drove up to Statesville which is where Nelson's father grew up. We got to see the house his grandparents lived in as well as their graves. It was really meaningful for me to get to see this part of Nelson's life especially since I never got to meet his grandparents or father because they passed before I met him. Nelson's cousin, Trudy, was our tour guide.

On Saturday, we had the Bell reunion. How fun to meet so many of Nelson's relatives. And we got to eat delicious southern bbq. That night Nelson and I got to go on a date while Nelson's mom and step-dad watched Rebekah. What a treat! We looked up a place on the Food Network called The Dish, so I could get some southern cooking. I enjoyed my chicken and dumplings and biscuit while Nelson enjoyed his shrimp and grits. I indulged in sweet potato pie for dessert - delicious!!!


Bekah enjoying the fall leaves at the graveyard

At the gravesite
Nelson's grandparents' former home in Stateville
Carriage ride through Charlotte - Bekah loved the horse
Bekah enjoying the reunion
Nelson and his cousins' daughter, Regan, with her new baby, Quinn
A highlight of the trip was meeting our new niece, Ella! This is Nelson holding her for the first time. Rebekah got a bit jealous.
Bekah having fun with Mimi
Nelsons mom and Joe and his sister Courtney and brother-in-law Bill
Nelson's Aunt Mary and Uncle Alvah (his dad's siblings)

No comments: