Monday, June 14, 2010

Spring Photos

So on Friday, Rebekah woke from her nap with a swollen eye. Saturday we took her to urgent care and they thought it was allergies or a bug bite. On Sunday, I got this feeling that something more was wrong. We found an ER doctor friend of ours at church and he lifted her eye lid and found a huge pussy stye. He popped it right there - blood and puss came spilling out. Needless to say, I was crying along with Rebekah. These pictures were taken after the stye was popped and after the swelling had gone down a bit. At one point, it looked like the size of a golf ball. Today she is doing much better.


Last weekend, I got to spend the weekend in Cambria with Jamie, Kelly and Amberley. This is the view from the Nolings' beach house. Amazing! Unfortunatley, my camera batteries died so I got no other pictures of our fabulous weekend.

Wine tasting for Amberley's 30th Birthday


Fun with the cousins




These are Bekah's favorite shoes. She calls them "diamonds." Sometime she insists on wearing them even with socks.


3 comments:

The Lochheads said...

Karina! I ran into your mom at church on Sunday and she told me about Bekah's eye--I wasn't imagining THAT swollen! MY-LANTA! That's the scariest thing I've seen in a long time (and I watch "Bones" on TV--that's saying something!) I would've lost it. Sounded like you held up quite well and Bekah must be doing better now. I want to catch up with you--thanks for your call last week! Maybe we'll be able to connect this week. SO GLAD you got some family/friends/CA time in! Love you friend! LE

The Lochheads said...

Do you want to move to Spokane? Maybe that eye infection had something to do with the air quality in NM... :)

Lauren said...

Karina - I hope that Bekah's eye is feeling better. They always look so bad. It was fun to see the pics of your trip to celebrate Amberley's birthday. I know she enjoyed it a lot! -- Lauren Wolf