Tuesday, January 5, 2010

December in the Bell House

It has been a while since I have posted! December felt a little busy in the Bell household. The first couple of weeks, Rebekah and Nelson had a nasty cold, so I played nurse. And everytime I tried to get pictures of Rebekah her face was covered in green snot. Then the weekend before Christmas, my parents came to visit. On Christmas Eve, we flew to Augusta, GA to celebrate Christmas with Nelson's family. Now we are back at home and guess who has colds again - Nelson and Rebekah. I guess as a mommy I have super powers to avoid colds. :) I hope I have not jinxed myself by saying that. During all of this, we (well mostly Nelson) has been painting and doing some updates around the house. So here are some pictures from this past month. Happy New Year!

Weekend Before Christmas
Oma and Pops come to visit. We celebrated an early Christmas with them.


My parents gave Rebekah a baby doll and stroller since she loves babies so much.

Bekah openning her Bell ornament - I have started giving her a bell each Christmas




We took my parents to the River of Lights at the Botanical Gardens. So many Christmas lights! It was beautiful even though we froze.





Christmas in Augusta
Bekah with her Uncle Bill

We all got coffee beans for Christmas, and Bekah loved stealing them and running around the house.

Taking a walk after eating all of the turkey with Mimi and Granpa

Wearing a UNC sweatshirt that her daddy used to wear. Mimi (Nelson's mom) was a UNC cheerleader.

Nelson with his sister, Courtney, cutting up the fried turkey Courtney and Bill made. Yummo!!!


House Projects
Repainted Office - Flint Stone from Home Depot - We thought it would be more grey but it came out more blue which I actually like because we have a lot of blue in the house. Nelson chose the color to match the Horse rug that has been in his family for years.

Our new downstairs faucet. Nelson removed the mirror which we still need to replace.

Repainted upstairs guest bathroom - Clary Sage from Sherwin Williams - Love the color!!! Also replaced faucet, fixtures and lighting.



What the bathroom lights used to look like

1 comment:

Heather Estridge said...

Haaa, haa - we have those same old movie star fixtures. WHY??? They are too bright and ugly! I have replaced 1 and have 2 more to remove - hate them. LOVE your new choices. I'm going to have grab a paint sample of that sage color. Glad you are enjoying the improvements.