Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Happy St. Nicholas!

On Sunday morning, we celebrated St. Nicholas Day. Since my mother is from Holland, I grew up with this Dutch Christmas tradition. And now I get to pass in on to my children. On December 5, you put your wooden shoes outside of your bedroom door, and in the morning you wake up to find your shoes filled with treats (if you have been good) or coal (if you have been bad). I remember our family joking and saying "if you aren't a good girl, you will get coals in your shoes." Of course, we never got coals but joked about it anyway. My mother sent Rebekah a pair of wooden shoes. One of the traditional gifts is a chocolate in the shape of the first initial of your name, so she got an "R." She also got her own set of keys to play with, christmas pajamas, and an ornament. I have started giving Rebekah bell ornaments (in honor of her last name).




Our whole family was sick this weekend. Bekah loves to get on the couch and sit with her daddy. You can see the top of her little head as she watches some football.

Pictures taken December 8, 2009 with our stuffed snowman. You will see pictures below of Bekah with the snowman one year ago. My how she has grown!


Pictures taken December 8, 2008 with our stuffed snowman.

No comments: