Spokane
Riverfront Park

Hanging out at Riverfront Park. We also got to see my cousins Briana and Julia. So fun to have so much family in Spokane!
Nelson going down the large Radio Flyer
Walking around Whitworth
In front of Warren, where I was an RA my senior year
After walking around Whitworth we headed to Greenbluff (a bunch of family run farms). Sure wish we could have been there for apple season.

Bekah riding the rocking cow at Greenbluff. We ate the most amazing peaches there.
Portland
Jakes Crawfish Restaurant
Japanese Gardens
I am a big fan of the show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Foodnetwork. So before heading to Portland, I looked up restaurants that were highlighted in the show that was filmed in Portland. We ended up going to Pine State Bisquits. I decided to ask them what their most popular item was and they said "The Reggie," a bisquit sandwich with bacon, fried chicken, cheese and gravy. So we both ordered it. As you can imagine it was quite filling, but also amazingly delicious. I am not joking when I say that neither of us ate or felt hungry for 24 hours.
"The Reggie"
Another Foodnetwork tip was Voodoo Donuts. Friday morning we walked to the donut shop. Being that it was a tiny shop, I went in and ordered while Nelson waited outside with the stroller. Nelson already knew what he wanted - a Maple Bacon Bar. Voodoo donuts is known for its crazy donuts. I asked for a recommendation and the server said I should get "The Dirty Old Bastard." With a name like that, I knew I had to get it. It was a donut covered in crushed oreos and peanut butter. Fantastic! We would have lingered longer in front of the shop except there was a strange man with devils horns coming out of his head nearby. We thought it might be better to move on.
Our donuts
Lincoln Beach, OR
Walking along the beach

Hazel and Bekah. Hazel was so sweet with Bekah and kept giving her hugs. Hazel turned 2 today. Happy Birthday Hazel!
Sooz, Hazel and Bekah
We took lots of walks on the beach. We rented a 3 story, 5 bedroom house on the beach so we had amazing views and a great location.
Cooper (9 months) and Bekah
Gracie (15 months), Hazel and Bekah
The Hits House Babies - so glad we got a picture of all five of them

The Hits House Ladies - Ellie, Susannah, Becky, Heather and I. Unfortunatley, we did not get a picture with the hubbies.




2 comments:
It was so great having you guys here! Glad to hear that you enjoyed Portland and the Oregon Coast.
Love the pictures - and sure did love the time at the coast. It was great meeting Bekah and Nelson! Hope to see you guys again sooner rather than later. :)
Post a Comment