Highlights of the trip:
1. Being in warm tropical weather
2. Ziplining through the forest and over waterfalls
3. Body surfing in the ocean (Nelson)
4. Working on my tan (Karina)
5. Mango twists (Joelle's concoction of Mango juice, Sprite and Vodka)
6. See Rebekah's toes all the time (in Albuquerque she is always wearing socks because it is cold)
7. Massages on our balcony while listening to the ocean
8. Kauai Pie Ice Cream (Nelson)
9. Spending time with our niece, Abby, who is talking up a storm and liked to mimic everything that I was doing with Bekah with her own baby doll (whom she has named Baby Bekah)
10. Watching old home movies from the 80s that my dad had converted to DVD (We even got to watch the birth of my sister Joelle; don't worry it was not too graphic and it was a c-section)
11. Spending quality time with my whole family away from all the distractions of regular life
Bekah and I at the beach.

Amberley and I had a blast snorkeling in the ocean. We probably had just as much fun laughing at what each other looked like in our masks as we did seeing the fish.
Family photos

Nelson went on a huge hike with my sister Joelle and two brother-in-laws Jim and Andy. It was the same hike that he and I did on our honeymoon 3 1/2 years ago. They hiked to a hidden beach and then a gorgeous waterfall. Nelson was daring enough to jump into the frigid water at the waterfall.
One day Nelson and I went into the town of Poipu. I was determined to find Bekah a grass hula skirt. When we got back to the hotel, we dressed Bekah up and then brought her in to see my family. Of course everyone cracked up and thought she was the cutest thing. Cousin Abby wore it next and it fit her too.

I totally think that Bekah has her daddy's feet. She sure loved to put her feet in the sand. It must be because she has California blood. :)
In front of the beach where our hotel was. Bekah spent a lot of time in the Baby Bjorn.



3 comments:
That grass skirt picture is so cute it has to have calories in it. Eye calories.
I'm a little miffed that everyone in the world doesn't have our snow epidemic. These pictures enforced the fable that some people celebrate Christmas in the sun and sand. Teeensy, tiiiiny bit jealous that you got to wear a scuba mask THAT attractive. NOT jealous that you got to wear a two-piece after birthing this fall, but YOU LOOK GREAT!!! Ready to ditch these knee-high wooly socks for sandy toes. That's it! We're looking online for tickets! :)
So glad you had a great time with family. And you got your California weather fix. Again, Bekah is cuter than a button. Or a snap. Or any other clothes adhesive. But you knew that. Good work on her! :) LE
LOVE the feet picture!!!
Soooo JEALOUS! :) Can you and your sisters be any more photogenic??? Seriously - you three are hot! :)
I love that in the family photo, Bekah and her daddy are the only two without sandals...those look alike tootsies like to be bare I guess? :)
I second Bethany - the toes in the sand photo is priceless. :)
Post a Comment