Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

This past weekend, Nelson and I headed to California to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday. Of course, we had to create a theme for the party, so since my dad is Irish the theme was "Irish." We had a lot of fun buying decorations after St. Patrick's Day and preparing to surprise my dad with the theme. We went all out with the "green" theme - green apple martinis, green potato salad, spinach dip, guacamole, mint chip ice cream, green fortune cookies, green M&Ms, etc. You will notice from the pictures that we dressed in theme as well. My dad was very surprised with the theme and had a great time celebrating with his close friends and family. We are so glad that we could make it to California to celebrate with him.

I have stayed in California for the week while Nelson travels to Florida and Texas for business. We both return to Albuquerque next week, and on May 15 we get to find out the gender of little baby Bell! I am about 21 weeks along now and am starting to feel the baby kick. So fun!

I LOVE the shamrock attennas - Abby (our niece), Mom, Karina and Sister Joelle

Getting ready to surprise Dad with our Irish party theme - Sister Amberley, Karina, Abby and Joelle
The Birthday Man with all of his ladies
Joel (Julia's boyfriend), Cousin Julia, Nelson, Cousin Bret, and Jim (Joelle's new hubby)
The Birthday Man - also known as "The Boz."
Abby sporting her shamrock shades.

4 comments:

Heather Estridge said...

Of course I loved the theme idea, what a fun idea! I bet your dad so enjoyed having you all together. AND, soooo excited to hear that you have started to feel baby Bell kick! Can't wait to hear the gender news on the 15th.

Becky said...

What a cute family you have! Your niece is a doll...love the strawberry blonde locks. I am thinking BLUE...but maybe that is just since we are soooo heavy in the pink with the HITS babes. :)

Jim said...

Look at all those HOT folks wearing green! I bet that family will all have smokin' attractive kids!

Unknown said...

Now that looks like a party I'd like to join! You Boslets are CRAAAAAA-ZY! :) Love it!