For the past couple of months, Nelson has been working his tail off on our backyard. When we moved into our house 1 year ago, we knew right away that our backyard needed some help. Nelson designed the changes and has been hard at work since the weather has gotten warmer. You will notice from the pictures that all places not covered in grass were covered with nasty white rocks. Nelson removed all the rocks, took out every other of the tall skinny trees, took out the brick trim, made the grass more curvy rather than so boxy, and built raised flower beds. We were grateful for the help of some of the high school kids from our church who we hired so they could raise money for their upcoming mission trip to Tijuana, Mexico (Nelson will be heading on the trip with them this next weekend). We had our patio enlarged as well so we could entertain.
Yesterday, I had my first experience with planting plants. I actually found getting my hands in the dirt to be quite fun and rewarding. I am just so glad to have plants in my garden now rather than white rocks!
Here are some before and after pictures so you can see the progress. Nelson's next project is to build an arbor for our hammock and to plant a vegetable garden (where the rusty swing set used to be). I am so grateful for my husband's hardwork!!!
BEFORE...
3 comments:
Looks Great Nelson and Karina. Karina, was that really your FIRST time planting flowers??? I'm glad your experience was good. Your patio looks much improved too - time to have a party :)
Enjoy the yard work while your belly still lets you bend over! :) Ha! You'll get out of weeding that garden soon enough! :)
Yes, it was really my first time planting flowers. Pathetic, I know. And we are having a party next weekend to celebrate my graduation and living in our house for a year. We have been wanting to have a Open House since we moved in, so better late than never right?
Post a Comment