Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Surprise Visit

Our niece, Emily Anna, was born on Tuesday, June 30. Nelson, Bekah and I had already planned to go meet Emily at the end of July, but I could not stand not seeing my little niece and my sister! So on Wednesday night, I booked a ticket to surprise my sister and meet Emily. I flew to CA on Saturday morning and stayed for 30 hours. Amberley was totally shocked by my arrival. It was such a special time to get to hug my sister, snuggle with Emily, catch up with my brother-in-law, run around with Abby (their daughter who is 2) and see my parents. Nelson had daddy-daughter time with Bekah while I was gone. I am so grateful that I got to go and can't wait for our visit at the end of this month where we get to go as a family to CA for a week. Emily Anna is beautiful!!! Another treat was that my dear friend, Kelly, had her baby while I was in CA. So I got to meet Issac Eric on Sunday before I flew back to NM. What a whirlwind of a trip!

Emily Anna


Jamie and I - I am holding Emily Anna and she is holding her new nephew, Issac Eric. What a precious moment!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Aww...she Emily is beautiful. What a sweet surprise Karina! Great job pulling it off!!

Heather Estridge said...

What a beautiful little girl and how special that you were able to be there to help welcome her in to this world. Congrats to the family!